Mary is a conservative. Quiet, smart, subtle, fair and straightforward. Always follow the truth and what it says it intuition. Familiar with human nature and character. Quickly take decisions, which are mostly correct. Is constant and does not change his mind. It is responsible for home and family. With a desire to have children, and educates them. According to her husband is head of the family and should protect the home financially.
Name Day -Mary
- 1 January, 23 January, 28 January, 2 February, 11 February, 25 March, 2 April, 5 April 7 April 9 April 14 April 18 April 23 April 26 April, 28 April, 30 April, 3 May, May 13, May 14, 1924 May, 28 May, 29 May, 31 May, 2 June, June 6, June 8, June 27, July 5, July 6, July 16, July 22, July 29, Aug. 2, August 4, August 5, August 6 , August 15, August 20, August 22, August 26, September 4, September 8, September 12, September 13, 15 September, September 19, September 24, October 3, October 7 , October 10, October 11, 1920 October, 1 November 16 November 20 November 21 November 25 November, 8 December, 10 December, 15 December, 16 December and 25 December
Patrons and Saints
- St. Mary, the mother of Jesus
- St. Mary Magdalene
- St. Maria Kleofasowa
- St. Maria the Egyptian
- St. Maria Cordoba
- St. Maria de Pazzi
- St. Maria Magdalena Postel
- St. Maria Crocifissa
- St. Maria Goretti
- Bl. Maria (Franz Habitats)
- Bl. Maria Teresa Ledóchowska
Lucky number: 6
Happy stone: diamond
Lucky color: purple
Famous people named Mary
- Maria Callas – the world-famous singer
- Maria Riesch – German alpine skier
- Maria Sklodowska-Curie – Nobel laureate
- Maria Taglioni – dancer
- Mariah Carey – singer
- Marie Trintignant – French actress
- Marilyn Monroe – Actress
- Mary Hayley Bell – English actress
- Mary-Kate Olsen – actress, one of the Olsen twins
- Mary Margaret Kaye – British writer
- Mary Pierce – tennis player
- Mary Shelley – author
- Mary Wollstonecraft – English author, precursor of feminism
Mary name in other languages
- Maria (Latin)
- Mary (English)
- Maria, Maria (German)
- Marie (Fr.)
- Maria (Spanish, ON)
- Marija (Russian)
- Marie, Marieta, Marika (Czech)
- Maria, Marieta, Marica (słowac.)
The history of the name Mary
This is a very popular female name. The popularity of this owes to the fact that she wore them to the Mother of God. Form of Mary comes from the Hebrew zgrecyzowanego Miriam, Maryam. Etymologically the name is connected with the word akkadyjskim mariam – fills us with joy. In the Greek version of the New Testament is a form of Mariam.
It should also be noted that the etymology of the name Maria is not sure. About the origin of many hypotheses have been developed. Some derive this name from the nightmare (to be bold, and a further sense: to be beautiful) and translate it by “beautiful.” Others derive it from the Egyptian Meri-jam, and explain, “beloved of Yahweh”, “beloved by God” or “loving God.” According to Jerome, it means “you.” Still others derive it from Rawah verb that means “drink” and they think that Maria’s name means “joy napawająca,” “cause of our joy.”
Name in old Poland was used because the special reverence that surrounded the person of Our Lady. The sources of the twelfth century (1167) appear in records: Maria, Mureş, Masha, Maszka, but they come from Red Russia, where Orthodox Christians used the name.
Holy and blessed, which bore that name, are particularly numerous. Roman Martyrology, whose memoirs the most part, relate to the sacred ancient times and early Middle Ages, lists thirteen Mary, but Bibliotheca – discussing, as far as possible, all Marie honored at any time, speaks of the nearly ninety. Among them a special place for the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God.
We know her all of the most memorable papers Gospel and teachings of the Church, with its endogenous economy of salvation, which has played such an important role. Talk about it anything else it seems unnecessary. About Her fate after Pentecost, we know very little indeed.
Content provides us with descriptions of the evangelical enough features to reproduce the form of Mary of Nazareth, and penetrate the secrets of her immaculate heart.
She was born October 16, 1890 in Corinaldo in the province Ankońskiej (Italy) as the daughter of Luigi and Assunty home Carlini. They were poor laborers who, while expanding the family had to work hard for bread. In search of livelihood moved into the muddy area in Cascaa Antica, where they found the seizure of the estates of the Duke Massoliniego (1899). Shortly thereafter, overworked father died of malaria. In this unenviable situation, Maria became a helper of a brave mother. She cared particularly about four younger siblings, and performs many other tasks. She was always at the same time for all uczynna and very nice. With the example of parents and a good upbringing was characterized by the radical godliness and piety. But barely started growing out of her maid, and has already become an object of desire of a young neighbor, Alexander, son of a drunkard.
He was during a temporary absence of his father and mother Mary assaulted her with the intention of making a rape, and when Maria bravely defending, asked her with a knife fourteen serious injuries. It happened July 5, 1902 year. She died the next day, he forgives the killer. The people considered it to be holy and spontaneously martyr of purity. Soon people began to call her Agnes twentieth century.
When it began its efforts to beatification, her body is made of the Nettuno in the Church of Our Lady of Grace, which is honored in his lifetime. Her beatification (1947) and canonization (1950) performed in the presence of immediate family and converted Alexander Pope Pius XII.
What does the name Mary mean
Mark <-- previous next --> Martha