Every woman is a woman dignified and full of class, with high personal culture. Able to command, if necessary, showing a lot of smarts. It is very under control and is not readily influenced. His whole life is progressing mysteriously without revealing their personal affairs. In relation to the chosen idea is loyal. Outside is a creature full of majesty, walking with his head held high. He likes to be surrounded by men. He likes theater and classical music. Is loyal. She loves beautiful scenery. Rare externalized their feelings, rather than makes up for air. Similarly, in her and in love.
Name Day -Elizabeth
- 4 stycznia, February 20, June 18, July 4, July 8, August 14, September 23 (formerly 5 November), 21 October, 9 November, 14 November and 17 November, 19 November and 25 November
Patrons and Saints
- Elizabeth, daughter of the biblical Aaron, the mother of John the Baptist
- St. Elizabeth of Hungary
- St. Elizabeth Portuguese
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
- “The Holy Elizabeth is sometimes snow on the heel”
Lucky number: 8
Lucky stones: alexandrite
Lucky color: purple
Famous people named Elizabeth
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- Elizaveta Bykova – Russian chess player
- Elisabeth Görgl – Austrian alpine skier
- Elizabeth Hurley – American actress
- Elizabeth Taylor – actress
Elizabeth in other languages
- English language – Elizabeth, Lisbeth, Lizabeth, Lisa, Lisbeth, Lizbet, Beth, Bett, Tess, Tessa
- Belarusian language – Al’žbeta, Lisaveta, Liza, Lizaveta
- Bulgarian – Elisaveta, Elisa, Elisava, Lisaveta
- Czech – Alzbeta, Betka, Eliska, Liza
- Danish language – Elisabeth, Elsebe, Elsebet, Elly, Lisbet
- Finnish language – Liisa, Eliisa
- French – Elisabeth, Isabelle
- Greek – Elisavet / Ελισάβετ
- Spanish – Isabel
- Dutch – Elisabeth, Elisabeth, Elizabeth, Lisabeth, Lizabeth
- Lithuanian language – Elizabeth, Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lisabeth
- Latin – Elisabeth
- Macedonian language – Elisaveta, Elisa, Eli, Sava, Veta
- German – Elisabeth
- Norwegian – Elisabeth, Elsebet, Lisbeth, Bette
- Portuguese – Isabel, Izabel
- Russian language – Al’žbeta, Elizaveta
- Romanian – Elisabeta, Elisaveta
- Serbo-Croatian – Elizabeta, Jela, Jelisaveta, Spela
- Slovak language – Alžbeta, Jela
- Slovenian language – Elizabeta, Betka, Liza, Spela
- Swedish language – Elisabet, Elsebeth, Lisbet, Lisa
- Ukrainian – Jelyzaveta, Lysaveta
- Hungarian language – Erzsébet
- Italian – Elisabetta, Isabella
The history of the name Elizabeth
Elisheba Hebrew name of the group names with the element teoforycznych el “God.” Can be interpreted as a whole – “God is my oath.” To Europe came together with Christianity.
Elizabeth of Thuringia (Elizabeth of Hungary)
She was born in the year 1207 in Bratislava and the castle as the Saros Patak the third child of Andrew II, King of Hungary. Soon he was promised it to his son Hermann, Landgrave of Thuringia, who was looking for in this way, a bit of support in his difficult political situation. That is why in the handsomely equipped in 1211 by his father arrived at the court at the Wartburg. In view of the changed political situation and then taken to the court of her intention to return to Hungary. Strongly opposed to them alone, and in 1221 Louis married his girlfriend, which has long been engaged. The marriage proved to be very happy. Was born with his three children, after the recent death of Louis, who died in 1227 on his way to a crusade. Soon after Elizabeth left the Wartburg and settled with her children in Eisenach. Did not do so under duress, was not ejected from the castle, but rather withdrew voluntarily, and in accordance with the conventions of the Frankish property matters relating to the widow. Not without significance here was spiritual direction, which, after franciszkaninie Rudygerze exercised over her stern and hard Konrad of Marburg. In the year 1228 by his vow to renounce the hands of the world. Despite this, Egbert, Bishop of Bamberg, tried to compel her to re-marry. Wybronili from the vassals of her late husband, who brought his remains. Soon, under a contract of family could benefit from the wealth of Marburg, where he moved in turn. Founded the hospital, dedicating it to St. Francis. Probably in the 1228 adopted as the first Third Order Franciscan habit in Germany. Last years of his short life spent in extreme self-denial and poverty.
Conrad ordered her even further away from each other for that accompanied it since childhood. Gave herself completely to the ministry of the sick and poor. She died of exhaustion on the night of 16 to 17 November 1231 I was on this day, November 17, celebrating her memory.
She was born in 1271 was the sixth child of Peter III and Constance, granddaughter of Emperor Frederick II. Peter III, then reconciled with his father, James I, who then brought Elisabeth and woke her spirit of devotion. With twelve years, was a lot longer, as he applied for a successor to the thrones of England and Naples.
In the 1283 money was allocated to the wife of Dionysius, the king of Portugal, then moved to Bragancy. There led a life spent in devotion and works of charity. In the year 1290 gave birth to their first child. Constance, and thirteen months later, the successor to the throne, Alfonso. Since that time about her life went on amidst continuing concerns, worries and sorrows. The latter earns her first husband, who lived a wanton life, and even promiscuous. All bore heroically. Do not complain about the position, has gone even to the fact that it raised the children out of wedlock.
When the son, fearing the impact of expanding bastardów, raised a rebellion against his father, sought to allay any price disputes, but not reaching it, multiply their fasting and prayer. Accused her then that she has caused discord and imprisoned in Alemquer. The king, however, soon saw his mistake and asked her freedom.
After his death in 1325, Elizabeth donned the habit penitent and settled at the monastery of Poor Clares in Coimbra, which was the second Founder. Twice already pilgrimage to Santiago. Once again she went there on foot, having already 64 years old. After learning about the outbreak of war between his son and her grandson, King of Castile, rushed hastily to Alphonse, who resides in Estremoz. There he fell ill shortly after arriving, and on 4 July 1336, died.
What does the name Elizabeth mean
Eleonor <-- previous next --> Emmanuel